Ideal conditions to protect the computer.
First, you should know that not all Macbook Pro water damage is directly related to an accident involving a glass of water or soft drink. Sometimes having the computer have adequate temperature and humidity conditions can prevent the device’s interior from resisting.
Apple advises using and storing Macbook laptops in temperatures between 50 and 95 ºF. Also, in situations with a relative humidity between 0 and 95% without condensation. Any piece of equipment that suffers some problem due to failure to comply with these recommendations is considered water damage.
What to do if spilled coffee on Macbook. Spilled Water Macbook.
• Disconnect the power if it is on or hasn’t turned itself off when it gets wet. If the equipment was turned off during the spill, do not turn it on until several hours or days have passed;
Do not use any liquid to dry the equipment; remember that you are drying the equipment, not cleaning it. Do not use any dryers or other tools for the drying process, as they may not work effectively. Try leaving the Macbook unattended, and ensure there is sunlight in the area where you left it. Once you have removed the Macbook from any liquid, don’t move or shake it, as you could be wasting your time dragging it around.
• You should also discard the idea of putting it in rice, not because of the complexity it can cause depending on the size of your Macbook. It is something that has not proven effective;
• Place the Macbook in a V-shape with the keyboard facing the table so that the most significant amount of liquid comes out where it enters through the keyboard;
• The quantity of spilled liquid is proportional to the time we would have to turn the computer off, going from several hours to several days later;
• Place your Macbook in a tent position to drain. This allows gravity to push water toward the keyboard, away from delicate parts inside and outside the laptop;
• Ignore the old urban legend of using rice. Rice can’t dry out your Macbook usage system. It is widely believed that rice will remove moisture from devices, but sadly this is not true of such large computers;
• Some tools allow you to dry the Macbook models, especially in areas with connections if the discharge has been small. In these circumstances, you could use a brush, isopropyl alcohol (not ethyl), or air dry (spray or machine).
Can you turn it on when several hours have passed?
If several hours have passed since the Macbook Air got wet, and you have also tried to keep it in a dry place so that it does not receive more liquids.
If the Macbook has suffered a little with the liquid and it has not reached its motherboard, there may not be any problem when it comes to turning it on safely. Of course, try to do it without it being connected to the current.
If you hear a strange sound when turned on, it is best to turn it off again to avoid a short circuit that could endanger the computer. And although it is unusual, sparks may fly when you turn it on, so in this situation, it goes without saying that you turn it off again immediately. However, you must make sure that the Macbook is dry.
Possible future issues should be considered; oxidation of parts due to water may cause keyboard issues, reboots, or even an inability to turn on the Macbook. It is recommended to take the equipment to an authorized technician for a thorough checkup, even if it looks fine after the fall.
Macbook models do not have IP certification.
The International Electrotechnical Commission, known by its acronym IEC, is in charge of granting these IP certificates. Those two letters are an acronym for Ingress Protection. The first figure that accompanies these acronyms refers to the level of protection against dust, while the second relates to water.
These certificates are obtained by carrying out a meticulous construction process of the phone – the sealing of these guarantees more excellent resistance to water or coffee damaged Macbooks by this type of element. Macbooks have this type of technology that is highly complex because they have numerous input ports.
It is complicated because, after all, devices like Macbooks need external connectors that, to a greater or lesser extent, allow the input of external elements inside the terminal. There are many input elements in Macbooks since the keyboard, HDMI, or USB-C input ports make it very difficult to prevent this type of spillage or dust.