How Data Recovery Process Works
At PITS Global Data Recovery Services, we strive to deliver exceptional customer service. That is why we design and optimize all the processes and procedures to serve the customer better. We published all terms and conditions on our website to ensure transparency and fairness.
The data recovery process we run is secure and straightforward. Every customer will have a clear understanding of the recovery services they get. Customer satisfaction is paramount, so we do not surprise our customers and do not pass the borders of the agreed terms and conditions.
Request for Help
Customers call us or submit online request forms on the website to request data recovery services. One of the account managers assigned to talk to the customer and explain the process details. We try our best to give detailed information about our services and what to expect from us.
Storage Media Delivery
- Free Shipping: We provide free shipping services to all our customers to ship their storage media to our data recovery lab. Once we register a data recovery case for our customer, we send a PDF shipping to the customer email address. Customers should pack storage medias using bubble wrap to secure them from any potential transportation damage and then use the shipping label to ship the package to our lab.
- Free Pickup Services: If a customer does not have time and the possibility to go to a nearby portal office and ship the package, we can arrange a free pickup service. Once we arrange a pickup service, we will inform our customer about the pickup time. The customer is responsible for data storage packaging.
- Drop-Off Locations: We have many drop-off locations in the United States. Once we register a data recovery and provide case numbers to a customer by email, customers can find a nearby office to drop-off the storage media. The customer is responsible for packing the hard drive before dropping off the media. You can find our locations at this link.
Once we receive data storage media, the packaging team will immediately notify the customer about the successful receipt. We will start the technical evaluation to analyze the data loss scenario and understand its complexity. The process is free of charge for all personal data storage devices, excluding enterprise data storage devices such as servers and RAID arrays. An evaluation process may last up to two business days. For exceptional cases, in situations where we need more time for the examination, the customer will receive a written and verbal notification.
There is a $199 non-refundable evaluation fee for the hard drives that have previously tampered with or lost their hermetic seals. The expedited evaluation fee is $199 and lasts for up to 8 (eight) business hours. These payments are upfront and non-refundable.
After the evaluation process is complete, we provide detailed information about the cause of the failure, the chance of data recovery, the duration of the recovery process, and service charges. You will need to decide on whether to proceed with the data recovery process or cancel the case. If you cancel the case for any reason, we will return your hard drive to you. We will not charge you for the costs associated with the evaluation and shipping services.
Authorization of the Data Recovery Process
If the customer accepts the service charge and terms stated in the service quote, we will send you a signature request for docusign.com to sign the service quote and submit credit card information to authorize the data recovery process.
After a successful recovery, we will arrange a remote TeamViewer session to see and verify the recovered files. You will be able to see your files and check them one by one if it is necessary. After the verification process, we will charge your card to release the recovered data.
Data Delivery Options for Recovered Data
We will not release your data until you have paid for the services and related costs. There are two options to deliver the data to you:
- We will provide a secure cloud access link to download within thirty days if the data size does not exceed 20GB.
- We will return your data to your brand-new external hard drive. An additional charge will apply for a brand new hard drive.
Once you receive a copy of the recovered data and confirm the success receipt, we will destroy the data stored on our servers and shred the original hard drive.