Thank you for choosing PITS Global Data Recovery Services (PITS) a preferred service provider. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices regarding your personal information, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
We seek to explain to you in the most precise way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is essential.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect the personal information you provide to us, such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. Our payment processor stores all payment data, and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
When you provide us with your phone number or email address, you consent to receive communications from PITS regarding the status of your data recovery case or other industry-related information via phone call or email. By submitting your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from PITS regarding the status of your data recovery case or other industry related information. You can opt-out anytime. If you do not wish to receive text messages, you may opt-out by replying ‘STOP’ to our text messages or emails.
Information Automatically Collected
- Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
- We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). Still, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, and information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information, marketing leads and search results, and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How Do We Use Your Information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for various business purposes described below. We process your personal data for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on for each purpose listed below.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is following your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you a product, service, new feature information, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Before posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please get in touch with us at [email protected], and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and contact you about your use of our website.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and improving our Sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
Will Your Information be Shared with Anyone?
We only share information with your consent to comply with laws, protect your rights, or fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific permission to use your personal information for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our agreement.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts.
We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives). Then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.
However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do We Collect Information from Minors?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records promptly. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
What are Your Privacy Rights?
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow greater access to and control of your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- To request access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- To request rectification or erasure.
- To restrict the processing of your personal information.
- If applicable, to data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request following applicable data protection laws.
If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
Control for Do-not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized.
Do We Make Updates to This Policy?
How Can You Contact Us About this Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at [email protected]