Thank you for choosing PITS Global Data Recovery Services (PITS) a preferred service provider. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices regarding your personal information, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
We seek to explain to you in the most precise way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is essential.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect the personal information you provide to us, such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. Our payment processor stores all payment data, and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
When you provide us with your phone number or email address, you consent to receive communications from PITS regarding the status of your data recovery case or other industry-related information via phone call or email. By submitting your mobile number, you agree to receive text messages from PITS regarding the status of your data recovery case or other industry related information. You can opt-out anytime. If you do not wish to receive text messages, you may opt-out by replying ‘STOP’ to our text messages or emails.
Information Automatically Collected
- Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
- We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). Still, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, and information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information, marketing leads and search results, and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How Do We Use Your Information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for various business purposes described below. We process your personal data for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on for each purpose listed below.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is following your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you a product, service, new feature information, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Before posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please get in touch with us at [email protected], and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and contact you about your use of our website.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and improving our Sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
Will Your Information be Shared with Anyone?
We only share information with your consent to comply with laws, protect your rights, or fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific permission to use your personal information for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our agreement.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts.
We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives). Then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.
However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do We Collect Information from Minors?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records promptly. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please get in touch with us at [email protected].
What are Your Privacy Rights?
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow greater access to and control of your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- To request access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- To request rectification or erasure.
- To restrict the processing of your personal information.
- If applicable, to data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request following applicable data protection laws.
If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
Control for Do-not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized.
Do We Make Updates to This Policy?
How Can You Contact Us About this Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at [email protected]
Effective Date: 06/21/2023
At PITS Global Data Recovery Services, we greatly respect our client’s privacy, and over the years, we have built a strong reputation for our commitment to security and transparency.
We provide a detailed overview of our practices to help you use our website. Contact our customer service department if you have any questions regarding the terms listed below.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged PITS Global Data Recovery Services.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services is compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. PITS Global Data Recovery Services is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the Privacy Shield Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the Privacy Shield Frameworks and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. PITS Global Data Recovery Services complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, PITS Global Data Recovery Services is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, PITS Global Data Recovery Services may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. PITS Global Data Recovery Services complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, PITS Global Data Recovery Services is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). In certain situations, PITS Global Data Recovery Services may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, PITS Global Data Recovery Services commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact PITS Global Data Recovery Services at [email protected].
PITS Global Data Recovery Services has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to [email protected], an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the [United States]. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution are provided at no cost to you.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
COLLECTING AND USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
PITS Global Data Recovery Services collects basic information for internal use. This includes but is not limited to phone numbers and addresses entered into our online evaluation form or information collected over the phone when you call our customer service department. We also collect your first and last name, email address, and phone number when you send us a request regarding our services. We collect credit card information to make payments for invoices using our payment processor and photos for job applications on the site. When you use our media services, we keep your information strictly confidential.
We only use your information for the primary purpose of contacting you, creating your account with us, assessing your needs, and responding to your customer service requests.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE GUIDELINES
PITS Global Data Recovery Services does not share any personal or corporate information except for the purposes of providing requested products and services. In the event that we need to share personally identifiable information with equipment manufacturers or other third parties, we will ask your permission prior to doing so.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
These services may include:
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Sending marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
We may also use aggregated information for general purposes, including but not limited to advertising, sales, or mergers. This information will not include phone numbers, addresses, payment numbers, or other personally identifiable data.
In certain situations, PITS Global Data Recovery Services may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services may be obligated to respond to subpoenas or other legal processes. We reserve the right to share information in order to prevent illegal activities or to aid in the investigation and prosecution of criminal activities as required by law and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others. We also reserve the right to use collected information to defend against lawsuits, to establish fault, or for other legal reasons not explicitly listed in these terms.
If PITS Global Data Recovery Services is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
USER ACCESS AND CHOICE
Upon request, PITS Global Data Recovery Services will provide you with information about whether we hold or process on behalf of a third party any of your personal information. To request this information, please email us at [email protected].
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete it by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials and credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer (SSL) Technology.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at [email protected].
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to other information we collect about you.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services and our third-party partners (marketing partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers (online customer support providers) use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union, click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
When you download and use our services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, the operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
We send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device, such as operating system and user identification information.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By using our services, you acknowledge that any item shipped to our offices (hereafter referred to as “media”) may be damaged during shipment and/or lost prior to receipt. You agree that PITS Global Data Recovery Services cannot be held liable for any damage or loss that occurs before we receive your media.
At PITS Global Data Recovery Services, we take care to protect our clients’ media and always use safe techniques to recover files. However, due to the sensitive nature of data recovery and media repair, we cannot accept liability for any damage that may occur to your equipment/data/media at our facilities.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services cannot be held liable for any indirect media damage or data loss. You agree that PITS Global Data Recovery Services cannot be held liable for any damages that occur due to any virus, Trojan horse, or other malicious application. The total liability of PITS Global Data Recovery Services to a customer cannot exceed the total cost of services.
To safely treat your media, we may need to ship your hard drive to our offsite facility or corporate headquarters. We reserve the right to ship your hard drive as required in order to complete our services.
We cannot accept payments in excess of $3,000.00 USD via credit card. PITS Global Data Recovery Services reserves the right to dispose of external hard drive enclosures or other components during our diagnostics process in order to ensure fast turnaround times.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services is not responsible for loss of profit or any other damages incurred by our customers during the data recovery process or return shipment. PITS Global Data Recovery Services will also not be held responsible or liable for any damage to desktop computers, servers, laptops, or any other hardware.
INFORMATION RELATED TO DATA COLLECTED FOR OUR CLIENTS
PITS Data Recovery Services collects information under the direction of its clients and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our clients.
An individual who seeks access or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the PITS Global Data Recovery Services’ client (the data controller). If requested to access or remove data, we will respond within 30 days.
We will retain the personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our clients. PITS Global Data Recovery Services will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
PITS Global Data Recovery Services limits access to our customers’ information to our staff members who need to say information in order to provide requested services to you and your business. We may also share information at our discretion with reputable equipment manufacturers in the course of providing our services. These third-party service providers (such as manufacturers) are authorized to use your data diagnostics only as necessary to provide these services to us.
PITS Global Data Recovery Services may sign confidentiality agreements if requested; the terms of those agreements may reinforce this agreement but will not supersede this agreement unless they contain an explicit statement to this effect. We maintain a strict non-disclosure agreement, and all of our employees and vendors comply with this agreement.
You may sign-up to receive emails or newsletters, or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you or by contacting us at [email protected].
LINKS TO 3RD PARTY SITES
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
PITS Global Data Recovery Services may apply changes or updates to this policy as needed. Most changes are for additional clarity and will not affect the quality of our services. We will notify you about significant changes by placing a notice on our website or by sending you an email; however, we will provide such information prior to the change becoming effective. By using our services, you agree to our present terms and conditions.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our company or our terms of service, please contact us by email: [email protected] or through our mailing address below:
2424 Ocean Ave #1A, Brooklyn, NY 11229