Mac devices are designed to provide users with a seamless and hassle-free experience, but occasionally, they may run into errors, including “An Error Occurred While Installing the Selected Updates.” This error message can be frustrating, especially if you have been eagerly waiting to update your Mac. In this blog post, our team will explore the reasons for installation failure on MacBook and provide you with several options to fix it.
Installation Failed on Mac - Causes
Insufficient Disk Space
One of the primary reasons for this error is a lack of sufficient disk space. When you update your Mac, the installer needs enough space to download and install the updates. If your Mac’s hard drive runs low on memory capacity, the update process may fail, and you will see the error message.
Another common cause of this error is network issues. When you download updates, the installer must connect to the internet to download the necessary files. If your internet connection is unstable, the update process may fail, and you will see the error message.
Sometimes, third-party software installed on your Mac may conflict with the update process. This software may be incompatible with the new updates, leading to an error message.
How to Fix the MacBook Error While Installing on Mac
Now that we know the possible causes of this error, let us explore some of the ways to fix it.
Free Up Disk Space
If your Mac’s hard drive is running low on space, you must free up space before updating. Here are some tips to free up disk space on your Mac:
Check Your Network Connection
The update process may fail if your internet connection is unstable or slow. Here are some tips to check your network connection:
- Restart your modem and router. Restarting your router and modem can help resolve network issues.
- Use a wired connection. If you use a wireless connection, connect your Mac to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Check your internet speed. Use an internet speed test tool to check your internet speed. If your internet speed is slow, contact your internet service provider.
Disable Third-Party Software
If you suspect a third-party software installed on your Mac is causing the issue, you can try disabling it. Here is how to do it:
- Boot your Mac in Safe Mode. Restart your Mac device and hold down the Shift key until the Apple logo appears. This will boot your Mac in Safe Mode.
- Disable Third-party Software. Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items and remove any third-party software from the list.
Install Updates Manually
If the automatic update process fails, you can try installing updates manually.
• Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
• Click on Software Update.
• If there are any available updates, click on Update Now.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to upload and install the updates.
Use Terminal Command
If none of the above methods work, you can use a terminal command to fix the error.
- Open the Terminal app on your Mac.
- Type the following command: sudo softwareupdate – ignore “macOS Big Sur” (replace “macOS Big Sur” with the name of the update.
- Press Enter.
- Type in your admin password and press Enter again.
- Go to System Preferences > Software Update and try installing the updates again.
“An Error Occurred While Installing the Selected Updates” is a common error Mac users may encounter. The causes of this error can range from insufficient disk space to network issues and incompatible software. If the operating system on your Mac crashes due to unsuccessful attempts, our engineers are ready to help.
We Will Fix Complications after An Error Occurred During Installation on Mac
Data loss is a common issue that can happen to anyone, including Mac users. A system crash can cause valuable data to become inaccessible or lost, putting personal and professional lives at risk. PITS Global Data Recovery Services specializes in recovering lost or damaged data from Mac systems. Our services are designed to help you recover your data and get your business or personal life back on track.
Choose Us if your Mac OS Update Fails:
At PITS Global Data Recovery Services, we understand the importance of your business or personal data and the impact that data loss can have on your personal and professional life. That is why we offer fast, reliable, and advanced data recovery services for Mac users.
If you tried to install the latest Mac OS on your device and it failed, entrust your case to us. Contact us today to get more information about our recovery services and how we can help you after the macOS installer fails.
"*" indicates required fields