PITS Global Data Recovery Services restores files from hard drives lost due to mechanical failure in specialized facilities using state-of-the-art tools. Our experts have thousands of successful cases on their accounts and are able to recover data from various data storage devices with different types of failures.
The PITS Global Data Recovery Services team understands the importance of time in a failure situation. To provide our excellent services to our customers as soon as possible, we expand the network of facilities. With our 50+ locations throughout the country, customers do not have to look for a reliable data recovery company nearby. Just send the device to one of our facilities, and we will help you.
To get more information about our local offices and drop-off points in your state and city, view this page, or call our customer service line at (888) 611-0737.
Mechanical Failure on a Hard Drive
Mechanical failure occurs when a hard drive’s movable parts stop working due to various reasons. This type of failure only occurs on hard disk drives and not solid-state drives, as SSDs, unlike HDDs, do not have moving parts.
Causes of Hard Drive Mechanical Failure
However, whatever caused the failure, the device has to be reviewed by professionals. Hard drives have a complicated and tricky infrastructure, so only engineers with years of experience can handle them.
Our specialists regularly attend qualification courses and obtain certificates. This way, we can guarantee clients that whatever type, brand, or model of hard drive failed, we can work with it.
Brands of Hard Drives We Recover Data from:
Failure and data loss can be stressful, but in this kind of situation, people should take appropriate steps not to worsen the problem.
What to Do When Facing Hard Drive Mechanical Failure?
A failure is an unexpected event, which can happen anytime, anywhere. Collapse often does not have any prerequisites, and sometimes, users do not even notice that something is wrong. To avoid the situation when you face a mechanical failure and do not see it, you should be familiar with common symptoms.
Common Signs of Mechanical Failure
- Strange Noises. If your HDD makes strange sounds while in operation, it means something is wrong with your hard disk. Sounds include clicking, grinding, whirring, beeping, and others.
- Burning Smell. The smell from your hard drive is a clear sign that something is not right with it. If you encounter this failure symptom, ensure your device is unplugged and contact us.
- Unrecognized Hard Drive. If your laptop or desktop does not recognize your device or the drive does not mount, it is time for a data recovery expert to inspect the storage.
- Missing Folders and Files. If your hard drive is facing any difficulties, it will not read or write data well, leading to corrupted files. Finding the folders and documents on your hard drive missing or corrupted is a clear symptom of mechanical failure.
- Slow Performance. If your computer is excessively slow, this indicates damage to either the heads or spindle motor of your hard drive, generally speaking, mechanical failure.
Signs of mechanical hard drive failure can vary based on the components’ degree of issues and lead to various collapse reasons. But whatever caused the malfunction, the device has to be reviewed by professional data recovery engineers.
Many people try to fix the drive themselves to save time, money, and other resources. There are many repair tools and free online data recovery programs on the Internet to help them with it. However, this approach is not suitable for these sensitive devices.
When you notice any of the signs mentioned above, power down the drive immediately; continuing to use the device in such a condition will not bring anything good. It is also important not to repair or restore data yourself, especially if you have no experience in this field. Help your device by contacting a skilled data recovery company.
Why Choose Our Services?
PITS Global Data Recovery Services earned a reputation as a reliable services provider. We keep up with the time and regularly develop our file restoration and repair techniques.
Moreover, we constantly renew our equipment and tools. Hence, with our state-of-the-art facilities, including Class 10 ISO Certified Cleanroom and advanced recovery technologies, we provide our clients with a 99% success rate.
Other Benefits Of Working with Us:
- Highly-qualified Recovery Engineers
- Risk-free Diagnostics and Free Evaluation
- 24/7/365 Available Emergency Services
- Superior Data Recovery Equipment
- More than 50 Facilities over the US
- 5-Starred Customer Reviews
- DUNS Verified & BBB Accredited
Users store a lot of sensitive data on these devices. Hence, it is vital retrieving most of them. You should choose a professional data recovery company with years of experience to prevent permanent data loss. PITS Global Data Recovery Services is a top-level solutions provider that will help you restore all your valuable files.
To get assistance from our customers, fill out the request help form on this page, or call our support team at (888) 611-0737. Our expert team is ready to help with any failure situation you are dealing with.